Top Ten Lessons from 2008
It has been quite a year of change for Strategic Sense; change highlights the adaptive skills inherent in every individual and business! From the tail-end of a boom in Calgary to the significant change in business due to a recession, many lessons have been learned. We wanted to highlight a few here with thanks to each and every one of you for contributing to our early success.
1. It is a very small world on the internet we have been visited from as far away as Indonesia. Seeing the many countries who have visited the website certainly prove we are in a global age.
2. Web 2.0 has significantly changed the face and the means of doing business. We can’t wait for what’s next.
3. Exceptional Leaders are needed in bad market times, especially if they want to get the people rallied around company success.
4. Many people understand how to define a goal, but are not quite certain how to apply the actions for getting results.
5. Employees often tell us they wish we would work with their leaders. Those same leaders often tell us they are doing all the right things. (disconnect)
6. Business can be done from anywhere, but meeting face-to-face is the only way to learn the passion the other individual has for the topic.
7. PayPal is brilliant.
8. The people within a company and the customers they serve are the two most important things to focus on. Internalized self-serving executives will kill a business.
9. Leaders who have employees with bad attitudes are responsible for attitudinal change.
10. The most difficult leadership position, is adequately and responsibly leading yourself!
We wish each and every one of you a very Happy New Year. May prosperity find you and may you recognize that YOU are in charge of you, YOU are in charge of changing your own world and of making a difference in the lives of others. Happy 2009 from the nice people at Strategic Sense!
For your copy of our free Whitepaper 14 Weeks of Managers making The Mark and In The Lead Seat
Email us at Strategic Sense and write WHITEPAPER in the subject line.
We are now on Facebook!
Click here and become a fan.
Follow Our Activities on
Find our President on Linkedin
You can go to Linkedin for the Profile of our President