She comes from corporate, he comes from the recreation industry! What better, than merging their two worlds together to expand the possibilities of what a management consulting company can do? The best of both worlds with many years of experience bringing technology, business management, change management and facilitation together to help companies grow and thrive. Meet Walt, Patti and their team.
Patti Blackstaffe CEO and Founder C.P.C., M.B.C., Prosci
Patti is Strategic Sense’s CEO and Founder.
As a transformation and change consultant, she brings a rich background in business, technology, oil and gas, education and non-profit work, spanning over 20 years. Throughout her experience in helping companies with change, technology, and integration capabilities, she has recognized serious gaps in how companies support and manage change.
Since 2008, Patti has made it her life’s work to develop workshops, training, change journeys, tactics, and delivery programs that support transformational change -- from the leadership level through to the front lines.
Patti has led several small businesses and combines those past experiences with delivering solutions in the North American market. Her OCM processes and procedures, her coaching training and development at the C-Level, and her rich background make her an invaluable resource for organizations seeking consulting to support their transformation efforts.
SELECTED PAST HIGHLIGHTS
- Her work was recently included in a Microsoft Case Story from her success at the University of Calgary, work which was proven scalable to 50,000 users.
- Patti has consulted in the Education, Technology, Healthcare, O&G, and Government spaces.
- She has been interviewed in Success Magazine on Leading Change alongside leadership greats such as John Maxwell, Patrick Lencioni, Valorie Burton, and Mike Myatt.
- Director of a technical installation team in the SCADA and Process Control Space for a global leader in the energy industry.
- She conducted significant Canadian multi-million dollar proposals for E.P.C. projects in the Middle East, Asia, Africa region for a global technology and engineering firm.
- Qualified in Meritcore's Thriving Mindset Leadership
- Prosci Certified Change Practitioner (ADKAR)
- Master Business Coach
- Certified Professional Coach
- MCSE (Microsoft Systems Engineer)
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Practitioner)
- Finance for Non-Accountants
- SCADA Fundamentals
Patti’s keywords/phrases for working with others are: ‘Purpose’, 'Results', ‘Clarity’, and ‘Authenticity’.
Honors | Awards | Mentions
- Change Management success on projects impacting 25 people to over 50,000 people.
- Won an award for Exceptional Change Management in the face of great resistance (Telvent Canada)
- She was nominated in 2011/2012, respectively, for the RBC Canadian Woman’s Entrepreneur Award;
- Interviewed by Success Magazine on 'Leading Change' in 2012;
- Included in 101 Woman Bloggers to Watch in 2009 by We Magazine for Women;
- Listed as one of the Top 150 Management Blogs 2009 by NOOP.NL.
- She Co-hosted an OECD research team from France studying Children's Services
Charity of Choice: Patti is especially passionate about efforts supporting children and for over 10 years was involved as a volunteer, fund development chair, and President on the Board of Directors for Providence. In that capacity was among the many people who brought Providence's 6th school into fruition. Providence is a preschool for children with disabilities and she maintains her love of Providence by continuing to be a strong supporter.
Business Technology Management and Analytics - Industry Advisory Council (BTMA-IAC)
Patti is honoured to serve on the IAC.
Achieving the ambitious goals of the BTMA through the guidance of senior leaders from Calgary's Business Community. Provide guidance on an ongoing basis through the BTMA Industry Advisory Council consisting of leaders from the public and private sectors as well as faculty members.
Walt Blackstaffe B.PE - Recreational Management Services
Walt is an accomplished executive with a lifetime owning his own businesses and running businesses for others. Bringing his management and passion for Golf and Ski Operations to clients, he is adept at revenue generation and evaluation. Walt cares about efficiency and process development within complex organizations. He describes himself as; “The guy who makes stuff go around.” Very appropriate for a man who owned his first business by the time he was 21 and has generated revenue for a host of other businesses.
Todd Davis, M.Sc., CISSP - Business Development Executive
Successfully navigating organizational change in technology-dense environments is a powerful business development enabler for both technology providers and the end users of their products. Mr. Davis draws on both disciplines to ensure that clients successfully navigate change in the face of evolving technology, particularly where IIOT is at play.
Todd brings a significant contribution to the team's adoption planning in the Cyber Security and automation transformation initiatives for our clients. He offers clients the filtering through of technical terminology for simplification, speaking, helping train end clients, and consulting for security solutions to the business development efforts performed for Strategic Sense.
Mr. Davis offers more than 20 years providing software and ICS (Industrial Control System) solutions to many markets, including Oil & Gas, Water & Wastewater, Electric Utilities, IT Provisioning, National Laboratories, National Security, Building Automation, and Energy Management. Mr. Davis holds a B.Sc. in Psychology and Philosophy from Brigham Young University and an M.Sc. from The University of Phoenix in Information Management Systems.
Meet Our Team of Professionals
Our Professional Staff
Meet our team of advisors in OCM People Strategy, addressing your challenges by providing solutions that connect all areas of the company. No change occurs in isolation. The processes, procedures, service, and way you work with your people goes a long way to determining business success. Our goal is to move your business forward by taking a look at how you have managed your operation in the past and helping you refine internal activities to direct you toward growth. We have a large ecosystem of consultants at the ready to provide change leadership and progressive change management solutions.
Meet a few of core our team members: